Friday, August 20, 2010

Summer 2010

We have had so much fun this past summer enjoying the outdoors, too bad I cant post any pictures because my computer at home with all the pictures won't let me log into blogger for some reason. It has been far too long since I blogged so I thought I would at least tell about all our adventures in the outdoors.
We have enjoyed having the trailer this year and have gotten plenty of use out of it. We have been to Strawberry Reservoir, Otter Creek State Park, Flaming Gorge and our last trip for the summer will be to Fish Lake this weekend before school starts. We have done plenty of fishing, hiking and even better lots of smores making.
I think the favorite trip would be Flaming Gorge. We rented a boat one day and fished all day, we were all excited about catching the huge lake trout. I caught one lake trout and then all our gear was out too far and hit bottom and we lost it all. We had fun exploring all the nooks and crannys and seeing how beautiful it is anyway. The next day we went over to the dam and did the dam tour. It was very fascinating to go inside the dam and down to the bottom. At the bottom they let you feed all the fish that hang out at the bottom of the dam, there are thousands and they all fight over the food, the kids loved it.
Last weekend Kaylans dads wife Linda came down for a visit for the 1 year anniversary of his dads death and to visit the gravesite so she could see the headstone now that it has been put in. It is beautiful and I cant believe it has been a year already. We had a family reunion with all his Aunts and Uncles and Cousins, As always it was a lot of fun with lots of food, baseball and of course a water fight.
On a sad note, Bradley got bit by his best friends dog about a week ago and will have to go back to school with bandages on his face but at least the cuts will heal and no major damage done.
We have all been sunburnt and dirty pretty much every weekend and have loved every minute of it.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Good to hear from you again. I'm glad you had a fun summer. I saw the picture of Bradley on Facebook. So sad!

Sheryl said...

Sounds like a fun summer. Lots of great memories and family time for the kids.

Anonymous said...

Hello! i'm from south korea. and i hope u visit my blog and have so me rest watching wonderful vidos! GOOD Luck !! please comment!!