Saturday, October 18, 2008

Best Boss Ever

I just have to say that I have a truly fantastic boss. Every year he sends us on a retreat or little vacation somewhere. Last year we went on an overnight river rafting trip. This year he sent us to park city for the night. The day started at Aura Spa and Boutique in Park city. This wonderful spa is owned by Camie Findlay who was a most gracious host. It was such a relaxing afternoon enjoying a massage and wonderful facial( I had never had a facial before, truly wonderful). We then went to Butchers Chop House also on Historic Main Street. It was a fabulous steakhouse, where we enjoyed a wonderful 3 hour steak dinner laughing and chatting. I think that they were ready to throw us out and one couple asked to be moved. It was a good thing they weren't really that busy. Saturday we slept in( which is a rare event in my life) and then headed off to the outlet stores for some shopping. Dr smith even gave us all $50 for the shopping so I ended up with a pair of shoes and a couple of sweaters. I forgot my camera so the only picture of the weekend was the one taken by Allies phone of Halley by the HOT as she called it Ferrari. It was so much fun and so nice to be able to get away for even just one night.

7 comments:

Jen said...

All I can say is that I am jealous. I never get anything. Oh, wait, sometimes during teacher appreciation week they put snacks in the teachers lounge.

Alyssa Findlay said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the spa! Camie was pretty excited for you to come up.

Ang said...

That sounds so fabulous I may just have to read your post over and over so I can imagine I went too! It really sounds like you work for a great boss and with a fun group of people. I could really go for a massage or a facial or a lot of things!!!!

Grandmajoann said...

What a fun little get away. I didn't even know you knew that Camie had a spa in Park City. How did you hook up with her? It is a fun little shop huh. She says she is going quite well. What a small world it is...

Julie said...

I am really glad you got to get away,, you deserve it! You all wouldn't believe all the hugs and kisses she got from her kids, a few tears too. She is very loved by her kids, I hear that Kaylan is pretty fond of her too!
I love you too Jess, I am one proud mom!

Eve said...

Wow, I can't even concieve of the idea of working somewhere that you get treated like that. My benefits are pretty good, and we get a fair amount of time off, but everytime you schedule a day or two off my boss says, "are you sure you want to do that? It's your month". Meaning, you will miss out on getting some people registered. Who cares? I want to go to the spa!

Ian and Kristin said...

Aw! I am so jealous that I am not working there anymore! Are you sure he doesn't need another hygienist? It sounds like you guys had fun! Although that rafting trip was pretty cool!