Friday, May 15, 2009

Busy , Busy, Busy

This month has started our super busy and shows no signs of slowing down. I thought I would give a quick update of whats been going on. The first weekend in May Kaylans dad and his wife Linda were down for his fathers 80th birthday party. It was a surprise party and I think everyone made it but 2-3 cousins. His family is so big that the party is always at a church because no one has enough room to accommodate that many people. It is always so much fun to get together with the Mechams. At the party we ate way more than we should have, played some fun games and of course with the Mechams no party would be complete with out Karaoke. Kay has a cousin that married a DJ and he always brings all his equipment. Katie and her cousins even got into the Karaoke doing every Taylor Swift song available. My camera of course had problems so I have no video but it was so funny.





Kaylans Grandpa telling everyone thanks for the big surprise.
The next weekend we headed down to Marys for mothers day. Grandpa gave the kids a ride around the yard with the four wheeler with all four of them yelling faster.


We decorated pots and then planted flowers. Katie painted the stripes. I put the white shapes on and then when we were all finished Bradley came and wrote. FROM BRAD ont the side. We then went hunting for our Mountain property. This is 40 acres for sale near Salina. Kay keeps telling me that the snow has barely melted and it will get greener and I keep telling him I really want a meadow with wild flowers. He tells me unless we have one million dollars the meadow is out of the question. DarnIt !!

On Sunday before we left Katie insisted on having a lemonade stand. Mary helped out by making the lemonade and getting it all set up for her. The funny thing is is that Mary lives in a very rural town where you maybe get one car every hour. So Mary called the neighbors to tell them that Katie was selling lemonade and everyone of them came over. It was so cute, she even ended up making 3 bucks. Which of course is already spent.

On Monday we headed to Tooele for Grandpa Murrays burial. It was a small service with the Navy colorguard present to present my Grandma with a flag. It was really neat and an honor to see them present my Grandma the flag. Grandpa Murray will be missed.

This weekend is probably more property searching and then next weekend off to NY!

5 comments:

Ian and Kristin said...

That is cute about the lemonade stand! Don't you just love grandmas!!

Sheryl said...

Wow, what a fun family to be in. It does sound like you guys are always doing something neat with them. Yea for lemonade stands, and how cute of the neighbors to come and buy it. I would love to live somewhere like that.

What's the deal with mountain property? Any special reason you are looking?

Jessica said...

Kaylan wants some property that he can build a cabin on and then leave from there to go hunting.

Jen said...

I just want 40 acres of fenced property in the middle of nowhere for my coonhound to run around on! I'm so jealous.

Ang said...

Buy a BIG bag of wild flower seed and get to work on that meadow!!

I am glad Liv isn't the only kid that earns a couple of bucks and immediately needs to spend it!