Friday, July 24, 2009

If you fight the knife the knife wins.

I was in the bathroom straightening my hair when I heard a blood curdling scream. Bradley comes running in with blood dripping everywhere. We tried to wash it off and put pressure with a towel but the bleeding wouldnt stop. So we grabbed Katie and headed to instacare. All the while trying to call Kay and tell him where we would be since we werent going to be home when we got there. We tried several times with no answer. The drive to instacare is literally two minutes from our house and i was relatively calm I could tell it wasnt a severe cut but we couldnt get the bleeding to stop by ourselves. Bradley on the other hand was in shock and he kept telling me the whole way there to hurry because "he was losing major blood here." We got to instacare and checked in. They seriously had us wait 20 min until kids care opened. I seriously was not happy about that I would have paid the extra $10 to just get right in but oh well. When we finally saw the doctor the bleeding had at least slowed and she was able to clean it off to see how deep it was. She said that she would put a couple of stitches in because he was an active boy that probably wouldnt keep still or keep it clean. The worst part was the numbing he cried pretty loud when she was doing that. After that he just laid on the table sucking the sucker they gave him not even moving. Both the doctor and the nurse commented on how well he was able to sit still. When we got out into the car Kay finally called and asked who had cut themselves, he was home know and there was blood all over. He said there must be something going on in our family because he had rear ended someone on the way home and that is why he didnt answer the phone. No injuries and little damage to either car so that was good. All the way home Bradley kept apologizing that he cut himself and telling me that hewouldn't play with knives again . He is so tender hearted. Katie on the other hand informed me that she wouldnt play with the sharp knives. Phew what a relief she will only play with the dull ones.

The pictures came up backwards but oh well. Kay had cleaned up all the blood really well by the time we had got home except I kept finding blood in all the wierdest places. This is at the very top of my kitchen cabinets almost to the ceiling.

I had to sneak a picture while he was sleeping because he would not let me take a picture of it. The nurse let him choose bteween a BYU OR UTAH bandage of course he chose Utah.

9 comments:

Brent and Cindy said...

Bradley! We are twinners! I have decided that i won't play with knifes anymore either. It hurts huh! PS you will probably find blood for weeks!

Sheryl said...

You people on the Murray side of the family need to just say 'no' to touching sharp objects.

It is incredibly interesting how far blood will travel. I remember years ago getting cut by the food processor. I didn't even have it stitched, just bandaged it up myself, but I had blood on the ceiling, and on the underneath of my kitchen cabinets. I would hate to see how much blood would be involved in a serious accident!

Jen said...

Poor Bradley! I hope he's doing okay now. A couple of years ago Liv's school called me because she had partially severed a finger and they couldn't reach Nate or Angie. Liv was sobbing about not wanting stitches and I was panicking because I didn't know if I should take her to the pediatrician or the ER. Luckily Angie called me back and I was able to let them make the decision, but I don't want to be in charge of injured children again.

Ang said...

It is insane how long the wait is in the ER. With Liv's accident we were there over 3 hours from start to finish... exhausting, I feel for you! The numbing is the worst, even when Lex had stitches a couple of months ago... she nearly passed out from it.

Jennifer you better hope nothing happens to me and Nate because they will be YOUR children and you will be in charge, hee hee!!!

Ang said...

I forgot to mention how dang cute I thought it was that he was mentioning his blood loss in the car... priceless!

Steph Thompson said...

Poor Bradley! At least he did not lose enough blood to need a transfusion, then he would be seriously apologizing! Katie on the other hand would probably not be sorry, she would be mad that the knife won! I want to know how dull a knife needs to be to be played with?

Unknown said...

Sorry you got an owy Bradley.. lucky to only have waited 20 minutes.. I was literally (not kidding at all) dying a few years back and had to wait for almost two hours.

Grandmajoann said...

I am sorry about Bradley's accident. They happen when you least expect them too. I would have been a nervous wreck in your position. I would have been sure he was going to bleed to death. I can't believe they made you wait 20 minutes when it was still bleeding. I am glad there was a happy ending. p.s. The red bandage looks cool...

Angela said...

Nothing like a trip to the Instacare to shake things up!