Friday, August 7, 2009

Kaylan Dad

Just thought I would let you know what has been going on in our family this week. On monday we got a call that Kays dad was in ICU in Oregon. He had been watersking the week before and had fell and landed really hard. His body really ached but he just thought he was sore. He started to get sick as well and was in extreme pain by Monday night so his wife took him to the Hospital. When he got there they discovered that he had a blood clot the size of your fist on his Kidney, Pneumonia and liver problems. They also found out that his heart was only working at about 50%. They decided to give him some blood thinners to see if that would shrink the clot, but because of the liver problems and the heart they had to really watch the amount so his liver would not start to bleed. Since being in the hospital he has gone into stage one kidney failure and developed MRSA in his blood and every organ but his heart. Things are not looking that good. They said that if you get MRSA in all of your organs your chance of survival is only 5%. Kaylan left on Wednesday to go up there. He is staying optimistic but its hard to tell by just conversations on the phone. He said that to go in and see him you have to completely gown up and wear a mask. He will stay until sunday and then come home. Who knows he might be returning to Oregon again shortly.

6 comments:

Ang said...

I am so sorry, we will be thinking of you guys, love you.

Ian and Kristin said...

Oh Jess, I'm so sorry to hear about that! Give Kaylan and his family my best. I fyou need anything let me know!

Emily said...

Oh no!! I'm SO sorry to hear about this!! We'll keep you guys in our prayers!

Angela said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he gets better and will keep your family in our prayers.

Amie said...

Please tell Kaylan that I am so sorry! I can't imagine anything more frightening than to have one of your parents so sick. My thoughts and prayers are with your family!

Jen said...

It's crazy how quickly a person can go from life as usual to something really life threatening. Hopefully he will be able to beat the odds.