Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Grandpa Arlyns Birthday Party

This post has been long coming because Brent had the picture and finally emailed it to me. Grandpa Arlyns party was so enjoyable. He stayed awake and alert almost the whole time. He did fall asleep right as we were leaving. We enjoyed dinner prepared by Joyce and even enjoyed some good conversations with Grandpa(although at one point he did insist that Brent had chosen the right time to get married?) He looked better than he did in a long time and was even walking without the cane(he probably should have used it for safety sake). The best part was after dinner when he wanted to read Katie a story, he read her the entire Cinderella story only stuttering a couple of times. He started to cry in the middle of the story, I still dont know why but it was the sweetest thing I have ever seen.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I wish that I could have been there. I always enjoy it when the family gets together.

Matt-n-Jef said...

I talked to him the day of his birthday and asked if everyone was there yet. He had no idea what was going on or what day it was.So hard to call him when he goes in and out. I was watching Big Brother last night and one of the contestants had a phone call with his wife who has Parkinson's. It so reminded me of Dad. I was crying uncontrolably. She was so monotone and was out of it as well. I wanted to be there, but so much going on right now. I will most likely be coming out for Thanksgiving. Hopefully, we can ALL get together for his sake, throw away any bad feelings and enjoy being a family. Judge not lest you be judged right?

Eve said...

Jess, thanks for the post and the darling picture. I was felt so bad that we had already planned to go to Erie. I wasn't really thinking ahead.

He does love to read the kids stories. Last time we were there with Ava he read to her too. It's so darn cute, and I have to hand it to the kids. They don't see him that often, and yet they are willing to sit on his lap for the story. I think little kids can feel the love.

Ang said...

How can you not just love and adore that man!

Brent is getting married! HEE HEE!