Monday, September 1, 2008

Kitchen Update


As you can see we have made some progress. The cabinets on the walls are painted and dry so the stuff could at least go back in them. But where are the doors?

Oh yeah, they are still in the basement! It is nice that at least we could do it in the basement and not the garage now that it is cold and wet. Hopefully by Friday when I have the day off again they will be hanging back in place. They take twice as long as the cabinets on the wall because you can only paint them one side at a time. I dont think I will ever attempt this again in my life but we have learned alot about what not to do, and it was a quick change without a lot of money spent. The walls are going to have to wait a couple weeks. I will update when they are done. I have picked out the red, It is called real red and Kay even approved of it.

9 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my gosh that looks like a lot of work! I'm sure the end result will be worth it, though.

Emily said...

I've been waiting to hear about your progress! It's lookin good! Keep up the great work!

Oh - and I'm excited to see the red!

Eve said...

Holy Cow! you really went all out. The nice thing about doing right the first time, is that you won't ever have to do it again. I can't wait to see the end result.

~Cynthia~ said...

The cabinets are looking great. I can't wait to see them all put back together.

Ian and Kristin said...

They look great Jess! Good job! You are quite the woman. I can't wait to see them against the red walls. I wish I had a kitchen of my own I could do that to! ;)

Ang said...

The amount of doors you had to paint is making me dizzy! Good work.

Aly said...

I can't believe that you are taking this project on yourself, that is what you have a husband for! You are much more daring than I am.

Grandmajoann said...

I can all tell you come from good stock! We women don't hesitate, we just jump right in. It is a lot of work, but well worth it when it is all done and You know YOU DID IT! Good job,

Andrea Holley said...

I can't wait to see it all finished - especially the red walls. I have a red couch and I love it!