Friday, February 20, 2009

Our New Living Room

So last friday we decided to go see what Rc Willey had on sale for presidents day. We desperately needed new living room furniture seeing how when Bradley was four he took scissors to every cushion on the couch. The cusions are now sagging and looked horrible. We found some sofas and 2 chairs that we loved and purchased for a great deal. We got home and the next day decided to update the whole room. The room has never had a light in the ceiling we have always just used a lamp. Kay installed a new light in the ceiling and then we have been painting all week before the furniture arrived.

This is the old color of the walls
The new chairs, this picture just does not do them justice. They are so cute.


This is the new couch . The leopard pillows just were not our style but they came with them. We actually have ordered some accent pillows the same material as the chairs to go on the couch.

We are so excited to have a room that actually looks brand new again. Now we are painting the kitchen. I am so sick of painting but cant wait for the end result.

6 comments:

Ian and Kristin said...

Very nice, I love the chairs! Didn't you just paint the kitchen not too long ago?

Allison J. said...

So fun!!! We actually don't even have any furniture in our living room yet (it's been almost 9 months now), and I am so ready to go looking for some! Yay for you guys!

Ang said...

It looks great. Don't you just love the feeling of walking into the room and loving it! I had never felt that way about a room until we moved into this home and decided it was about time we had a "grown up" room all to ourselves. Nate is really tired of me saying the room just needs ONE more accent piece! But it is finally complete.... ENJOY!!

Grandmajoann said...

Gee, they look great. How fun for you. And new paint also. That is a nice feeling. I'll have to venture over and take a look! Love ya.
And, the JAZZ WON tonight! Hurrah...

Kellie said...

Fun! I can't wait til Kane and I can have a place of our own! The furniture looks good! I need to come over so Katie can give me her tour of your "new house".

Jen said...

I'm so jealous that you have new furniture! My living room furniture is only about a year old but I hate it. Your new room looks great and I hope you enjoy it!