Saturday, February 7, 2009

We are soooo boring!

We have not done anything as of late so I just thought I would give an update to how we are all doing and what we have (boring as it may) been doing lately.
Bradley just had his 2nd SEP conference for the year. He is doing great!!!!! Not one word mentioned about behavior, He is now reading at grade level and really the only thing we have to work on is math which is funny because this use to be his strong subject. I guess we have put such an emphasis on reading that we have let this subject slack a little. I can't believe the amount of homework he has for 2nd grade. He has to read for 25 minutes a night, 1 page of math/ spelling words etc per night. He now has to do a report on a famous American and we have to do weekly book reports. What book could a 2nd grader read that is worth doing a book report on? I guess we have graduated to chapter books but man.
Katie loves preschool and wanted to have an SEP conference with her teacher. I had to explain to her that you dont have those in preschool and she cried for like a half hour. She is still loving going to dance and informed me after her last class that they are getting ready for her next performance.(June) Lets hope the batteries are charged in the camera this time. The girl loves to sing all the time, and when I say all the time I mean allllll the time. Bradley even said the other day he wishes he had had a brother because he wouldn't have to listen to all the singing. I have to say for a 4year old she stays on tune pretty well. I am thinking about finding a singing class or something. I dont even know if they have them for 4years olds. She is growing so fast and learning so much everyday. She can just about write her name.
All the house projects haven't gotten very far. We got all the accesories for the bathroom downstairs and put them in and then Kay decided that there was some drywall that needed touching up( the room is painted) So the mirror, towel bars and toilet paper holders are all in but I cant even post pictures to show how good they look because now there is screw holes and a big patch that need to be repainted.
Kay has been really busy with work and working most weekends. I guess we should just be grateful that he has a job. His boss did call a meeting and said that to keep everyone and the company busy he is bidding a lot of out of town work so we may be in for some more working out of town which I am not too excited for. We have been steady at work, not crazy busy like last year but busy enough. Dr Smith is building a new office and so now I get to drive a little further to work every day. It wont be too bad it is further south but not as far east as I have to go now.
Well knock on wood we have all so far avoided the colds and flus of winter and are all healthy and happy.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Well, Jessie, the truth is that all of us live pretty boring lives. You could always spice things up by getting a puppy!

Kudos to Bradley for doing well in school, and for putting up with his little sister singing all of the time. I say if she has an interest and shows some talent she should definitely take voice lessons.

Ang said...

Like Jen said, we are all pretty boring so keep it coming. There is a trend lately of getting a dog???

It is always nice to come away from SEP's with good news, sometimes I think the kids have more work than I do these days! It is a little ridiculous sometimes, and a big pain in the butt too!

Ian and Kristin said...

Hey where is Dr. Smith building his new office???

~Cynthia~ said...

Congrats to Bradley on doing so well at school. I'm so glad we have reached 5th grade. Apparently we are done with book reports. Yay!!!

Katie cracks me up. I think Cayla and Alyssa can relate to Bradley's misery. We also live with Brittni singing nonstop. Our house often feels like living in a musical.

Down here there are lots of singing groups for kids. She is too young for voice lessons but some kind of singing group would probably be a lot of fun for her.

Sheryl said...

Well, I too was going to say "Get a dog". That seems to spice things up. But, I'm not sure it is worth the hassel just to have something to blog about.

Grandmajoann said...

How wonderful to get good reports on your kids! Good going. And what does a little singing ALL THE TIME hurt! One day you will all be able to say, do you remember when Katie was singing all the time?" Let's hope she will have a beautiful voice all her life. It is a real treasure.
And, where is Dr. Smith building?