Sunday, June 14, 2009

Camping

We spent the weekend camping and fishing with Kaylans family at Strawberry Reservoir. We had so much fun fishing, chatting by the fire and especially making "real smores" Katie has never been camping that she remembers to make smores at the campfire. She had a blast.

We were at the lake all day on Saturday fishing. I have never caught so many fish in one day in my life. Kaylan and I even fished through a major thunderstorm and only left because the lightening was getting a little to close for comfort. I wish I had pictures to show you just how wet we were. It was so much fun.










Katie never did catch a fish she just didnt have the patience. When we got back with the fish we caught she wanted her picture taken with it even though she wasnt the one to catch it. It was so funny.



6 comments:

Ang said...

It is kind of making me feel guilty that I don't like camping and we haven't taken the kids in ages. They do love it though don't they? It looks and sounds really fun I just don't think I can make myself do it... I hate being dirty and am a total mental case about it that I stress myself out!

Sheryl said...

That does look like you had a good time. I'm with Ang, though. I never really liked camping. Probably my fault she doesn't. You pictures do remind me of a time when Jen was about 3 that we went fishing at Strawberry. We took Jef with us. I don't remember anything about it.

Sheryl said...

Ah, camping! Sometimes I think about camping, but I don't have any of the equipment and I really don't want to buy any. I guess I will just have to camp vicariously through you!

Grandmajoann said...

Well, I am sorry that all of you don't like camping. I thought it was a great time, even when we used a tent and was on the ground. The tent trailer made it mush nicer and you have to agree, we saw some beautiful places. Stretch yourselves and give the kids some good memories.....

Downs Family said...

Hey Jess, has Lisa gotten a hold of you about getting together on Friday the 26th around 11:00am at my house for another water party/picnic with the girls and all of our kids? Let me know if this works for you?
-Melissa

Angela said...

I'm glad your family had fun. Apparently I'm not the only one who reads your blog that doesn't like camping. ;)