Monday, September 8, 2008

Almost...




We are getting soooooo close with the cabinets, There were three doors and one drawer that needed yet one more coat of paint. But I am loving the end result. The kitchen just looks so fresh and clean(even with all the pots in the sink). I bought all new hinges and handles and spent three hours yesterday putting them on. The only thing Kay has helped me with was putting the doors back on the wall. I am afraid I am not talented enough yet to actually hold the door where it needs to be and use the drill at the same time :)

8 comments:

Ian and Kristin said...

Good for you Jess, it looks great!

Angela said...

Looking good! I'm excited to see it when it's done.

staci said...

I am so impressed! Good work! :) So nice to have a change. Can't wait for the red wall too! I bet it will be super cute!! Btw-would you quit kicking my trash at Scramble?! j/k!! Fun playing with you! ;)

Emily said...

Wow! That looks SO great! I bet you're not gonna want to do another home project for a while, right? :)

Grandmajoann said...

Wow, it looks like a different room. Good goin'. I can't believe you put all the knobs and handles on yourself. I have never tried that. And, of course I never take them off to paint. I just tape around them, and paint, so good for you, you did it right!

Eve said...

Wow, Jess! That looks awesome. I can't wait to see it with the red. It is going to look so pretty. What a lot of work you have done!

Tilley/Booth said...

Nice work! Someday I would like to get new cabinets...now I know who to call for help!

Ang said...

It reminds me of my kitchen! Our cabinets were white washed to,I am just glad the previous owners did all the work, it looks great!