Sunday, September 14, 2008

Not Much

We haven't been up to much this last week. The cabinets finally all got back on the wall. I can't wait for the red but I think it is going to have to wait until Kay gets back from hunting because he is way to busy with work right now. His company is going great and they have had so much work the last couple weeks that his dad came down to help. He has been staying with us for the last two weeks. Im not so sure I like this self employment thing, It is feast of famine. I think it is finally getting to the point were hopefully we arent worrying whats going to happen next. He is starting to get calls from people on a weekly basis instead of making 100 calls to find the next job. I think there will always be some uncertainty and that is a bit worrysome. I love my job, though it would be nice to be a bit closer to home. I HATE the commute home, we will see if legacy helps. The kids are great. Bradley seems to be adjusting to being back in school except for whining every night when it is time to do homework. Katie is excited because she got to move to the big kids class at daycare and that means she gets to go to preschool from 9-1 everyday and she loves learning. She has me help her write her name every night. Before I know it she will be in Kindergarten.

2 comments:

Grandmajoann said...

How very nice that Kay isn't having such a hard time getting jobs. That will help a lot. And I wish you could find a job closer to home also. Let's hope Legacy does help. It has always been difficult to get kids into doing home work. A fun activity or treat is always good to offer them AFTER the home work is done. Be consistent! Good study habits really make a difference, and boys, especially, need it. Don't get discouraged, just keep trying......Love ya

Eve said...

Whoa, I don't think I knew that Kay was doing his own thing. When did that happen? Very brave of you guys. I hope it takes off like gang busters. Nobody ever got rich working for someone else. How neat to have a skill that is in demand.