Monday, September 15, 2008

Kays Company

I thought everyone knew but for those who don't, Kay started his own company. Last year in February Kay quit his job and started his own company, Absolut Drywall( yes it is missing the e on the end, he thought it would set him apart a little but now he looks at it and thinks everyone thinks he doesn't know how to spell.) Little did we know that a couple months later the economy would crash and building permits would decline by 55%. It hasn't been an easy road, he has had to work tons of hours and spend the little savings we had to survive( and live off a credit card for a while). There has been several times that he has wanted to go back to work for someone else and leave the headache of owning your own business but with the freedom he has to work whatever hours he wants and being able to take off if he needs to I don't think he will ever go back. I guess I should never say never because who knows what the future will bring. He is very good at what he does and gets most of his work now through referrals. If you need any drywall services give him a call!

5 comments:

Ang said...

I think it is great to take a chance and start up your own company, it takes a ton of courage and I have nothing but admiration for those who give it a go.

Jen said...

Working for yourself definitely has its bad points as well as its good ones. I hope that the economy improves soon and that business will pick up for you. If I can ever afford to tear out the ugly panelling in my basement and put up drywall, I will absolutely give you a call.

Matt-n-Jef said...

He lost the e and I lost the f (short story but i won't relate why right now) off of my name.. you gotta be different. Just like Matt going for it.. you gotta take a chance to get further ahead.. I hate to bring religion into it so I will give you, "The Secret" Believe 100% and it will come to you.

Grandmajoann said...

Just one more family for me to be proud of. I think you two have done tremendous things in 10 1/2 years. Just sit down and think of all you have accomplished in those years. It is awesome. And, I love the kitchen and wish you would take pictures of your bathroom and laundry room and post them also...All want to see.

Ian and Kristin said...

I am so proud of you guys for taking the big leap into the unknown! I know things haven't been easy but it sounds like from your last post that things have picked up for him. ;) It sounds like the good word is getting out there! And if ever need anything, I will call you guys!