Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Fun

Bradley and Katie had a great halloween. First they were invited to the party at daycare, since it is the day that we usually stay home. They trick or treated to the kitchen, reading room, office and all the other classrooms. they had a blast seeing all their friends from daycare in their costumes. These are a couple of Katies favorite teachers.


Katie and Miss Tamera



Katie and Miss Meagan



That night we went trick or treating in Grandmas neighborhood. Katie told grandma that she could be a princess with her. So of course Grandma found a costume for Princess Fiona( from shrek) and dressed as a princess with Katie. I dont ever remember my mom dressing up for halloween when I was a kid. People did not even recognize her. It was so funny.


The second we pulled up to my moms house Bradleys friend was at the door inviting Bradley to go trick or treating with him and his mom. Bradley left and for two hours they ran Dallins mom around the neighborhood. The only pictures I got of Bradley were when he got back to Grandmas and crashed on the couch. He told us he was so tired his legs couldn't move anymore. The next picture is Bradley sorting out all of the candy he got. I have never seen so much candy in one place. I never really cared about halloween so I never lasted trick or treating that long to get that much candy. Usually I can get some of the candy away and hide it. But Bradley has been carrying the darn pillowcase with all the candy in it where ever he goes. I've got to come up with a plan. After being still wound up at 10:00 we forced them to go to bed and are just waiting to see what happens today. Im sure bradley will eat to much and then end up throwing up.

5 comments:

Ang said...

Your mom looked awesome! I almost didn't recognize her either. Looks like the night was a success, Katie was adorable. We didn't see Lex at all and Liv only lasted about an hour trick or treating. I have to admit our night was a bit lame!

Grandmajoann said...

What a fun Halloween. Aren't kids cute. Your mom looks pretty darn good as a princess! I haven't known her to dress up either, but you know those grandkids can get you to do most anything.

Eve said...

It sounds like Bradly had a good old fashioned Halloween experience. Good for him! I think that Liv would advise him to have a little popcorn between the candy. You need a littel salt with your sweet to balance things out. I believe it also allows for the eating of more chocolate at a sitting.

Jen said...

I highly approve of you trying to steal candy from your kids!

Steph Thompson said...

Katie looks so cute! And Julie looks awesome! That sounds like fun. What I like to do is when they are at school I go through the bag and snag a few good pieces and throw a few crap pieces away. If you do it gradually, they are less likely to notice!