Thursday, August 27, 2009

Katies Big Accomplishment

So I have had the whole week off of work while Dr Smith is on a cruise and I vowed to myself to get so much done while I was at home and I havent accomplished one thing but cleaning the bathroom. Katie wanted to go outside to play and I suggested that she try to ride her bike again. We have tried and tried without the training wheels but she has had no balance whatsoever. I thought it was a lost cause but would at least give us something to do. After holding onto her for about 2 seconds she tells me to let go because she can do it herself. Sure enough she took off and never looked back. She had to run and get dad to watch her and call grandma to tell her. Grandma came and watched her ride for a minute and she was so excited to show off her new talent. My mom asked her if her dad watched her ride her bike yet and this is what katie told her. " Thats what dads are born to do watch tv and then come watch me ride my bike and then go watch tv again" She never fails to make me laugh even with the simplest of things.

10 comments:

Ang said...

She is riding like a pro! It seems like they really do have to wait and do it on their own terms. Liv wouldn't give it a try until the summer after kindergarten, I really thought it wouldn't happen!

~Cynthia~ said...

Wow, she is really cruisin' already, and her comment about her dad is priceless. What a girl! LOL!

Angela said...

Good job, Katie!
Oh, and I bet it's the cleanest bathroom around! ;)

Sheryl said...

Wow, she really did take off like a bat out of, well, you know. That is awesome.

She should get together with Liv. She finds her dad annoying these days, and apparently Katies dad is a TV watching couch potato!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Katie!!!! 4 yr olds are so funny! While I was playing Katie's video Brayden my 4 yr old repeated good job Katie and seen that she was riding her bike. I told Brayden ya she is riding her bike without training wheels and she is the same age as you. He said WOW! Then he popped off with mom I am going to go ride my bike now without training wheels Bye. He has never even thought of it but now that he seen Katie he is soooo excited to ride like her and he doesnt even know her!!!! LOL! Thanks Katie!!! I will let u know if he actually gets it down!

Steph Thompson said...

I am glad to know now what dads are born to do. That is great. Ava's just barely riding with her training wheels without someone holding on. I need to find a good empty parking lot. Way to go Katie!

Jen said...

Her comment about her dad is hysterical. What a kid!

Grandmajoann said...

Good going Katie. Wow, a real bike rider. Isn't it fun to have a parking lot to ride on. You can just keep going and going. Have fun. Love you.

Kellie said...

Woohoo, too bad you didn't get a video of her riding her bike in her dress and sneakers!

Unknown said...

I love that little girl! I am so proud of her! I am glad I finally watched the video! Pass on my love to her!